Our purpose & who we are
At Y.A.P Bridal we are committed to protecting the data and privacy of all of our users. We believe in open, transparent communication that puts our users’ needs first.
Y.A.P Bridal Ltd has identified how we are given consent of personal information and identify how we intend to use this information on a lawful basis for processing during the purchase of bridal gowns. We consult on how we seek, record and manage the information and improve on any data legislation. We can delete this information at any point from our methods. We hold this information until a period of either the wedding date or it be kept for accountancy purposes for ten years and then deleted.
Information collected & how we get it
In running and maintaining our website and information provided voluntarily by you we may collect and process this information only to:
- Register you and or book an appointment.
- Communicate with you during the appointment process and up until your wedding date and thereafter.
- Assist with the accurate timings and orders of your wedding gown purchase.
- Communicate with you about any other information that you provide to us with regards to you, your wedding gown and your wedding day.
- Plus all other communication to help us deliver a service to you in connection to your wedding day.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you relating to your wedding day. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, all services or goods and products.
- For our internal record keeping.
- For accountancy purposes and record keeping for HMRC.
- Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer.
As part of our overall approach to privacy and transparency, this section describes what cookies are in the context of our website and mobile interfaces, and what their use means to you:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies – these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to understand general trends about our content and traffic sources; for example, where users come from, which pages are most popular, which sites provide most traffic, how our marketing efforts impact the amount of visits we receive.
How we store your personal data
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
How long your personal information will be kept
We will hold your personal data only for as long as there is need to do so. We are obliged to hold some personal data for set periods by law. Currently, we retain files for 10 years.
Disclosing your information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Under the ‘General Data Protection Regulation’ you have a number of important rights free of charge. Please visit this site for more information.
Third Party Links
Access to information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Y.A.P Bridal Ltd, 8/9 St Mary’s Place, Newcastle, NE1 7PG.